Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Broken Laptop Screen Replacement

Almost everyday, I get asked random questions about everything by someone; life, love, shoes, wedding stuff, places to eat, cars, cameras, paper or plastic, etc. Pretty awesome to be the go-to question guru. Its cool though because I love helping out if I can. Anyway, thought I'd share the latest question today. I may just start posting these random questions...Watch out now!

A friend broke her laptop screen and asked me if I could suggest a good place to get it fixed or help her find a deal on a new one (I'm a deal master btw). First off, a good laptop will set you back atleast $900 or more. I suggested she fix it herself since it's quite easy. I pointed her towards Screen Tek Inc, who specialize in Laptop LCD Screens. They even provide detailed instructions on how to replace your laptop LCD screen. Screens range from $295 for HP replacements to other popular models, such as the Apple MacBook Pro amongst us photographers, for around $425. When you're talking about replacing a $1900 laptop just because of a screen, this is great workaround. You can also find out the model of your particular screen and do a search on eBay to see if you can get it cheaper as well. Either way, you save money and you'll save yourself the headache of having to transfer all of your data from one machine to the new one.

1 comment:

Armin de Fiesta said...

Good info to know! I damaged/bent my LCD on my Dell M6300 laptop and will probably order the part and install it myself or have a friend help.