Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sore New Year

I'm a little late, but late is better then never, right? Yesterday, after weeks of pushing, my little brother Aamir convinced me to go to the gym with him. I can't tell you how difficult it was, because the last time I worked out 'technically' in a gym was back in college when I rowed for the crew team. Ahhh, those were the days!

I know what you're thinking...Jeez that's a long time. To my defense, I worked out at home but never more then a routine of a month because life just happens and it's not easy to keep up with a crazy schedule. Between traveling, shoots, editing, meetings, and then trying to squeeze in a little sleep, it's been a circus of a calendar. The treadmill in the garage would get some usage, but never any of my other equipment. However, after this past weekend's ski trip, my legs aching and burning especially bothered me. I just made up my mind that I've got to make more time or I'm going to pay the price later.

For 2009, just like millions of other hopefuls, I'm setting a goal to actually have a fixed routine. Have to thank Aamir though...his persistence and nagging helped a lot. Because after I came back, I felt sore but fantastic. The energy you feel after a good workout is enough to keep you going.

So if you're in the same boat, don't give up and just do it. Let's see how far we can get through this year...

No comments: