Thursday, January 8, 2009

Perfect Chai

What is my secret to perfect chai you ask? This cup, me, and a little love. :)

I get asked by so many people to make them my version of chai, but some are so far away, its just not fair to make them wait. After much deliberation and soul searching, I have decided share my mini-secret with the world as a New Years gift! It's quite simple...

Single Serving

1. Put 4 oz of whole milk in a cup. Take a look at the free bonus I got ;)
2. Add one tea bag of Tapal Danedar to cup. Available at Indian/Pakistani stores.
3. Microwave until milk boils to the brim, about 1:20, more or less.
4. Take out and immediately cover cup with a saucer. Let sit for 1-2 minutes.
5. Ring out tea bag with a spoon.
6. Add one tspn of sugar, stir, and enjoy.

Multiple Cups
(to gain popularity with friends):
1. 4 oz whole milk for each serving.
2. Add Tapal Danedar tea bags for each serving, plus one for the pot.
3. On medium heat, bring milk & tea to boil.
4. Turn off stove and cover pot for two minutes.
5. Ring out all of the tea bags carefully.
5. Add one tspn sugar for each serving and one tspn for the pot, stir, serve immediately, and enjoy.

Loose Tea
For those oppressed by the tea bag revolution, if you can find it, substitute tea bags with loose tea. Just use one teaspoon of loose tea for each tea bag.

There you have it...now everyone else can make me chai for a change :)

*Lipton and 2% milk are last resort options.
**
I am not responsible if you burn down your house, your friend's house, or any other incidents as a result of following the above instructions. Children should always get an adult to assist in enjoying chai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to make me some chai?