Friday, August 1, 2008

Contest ::: Making Things Right For One Deserving Couple Photo Shoot

THE CONTEST:
If you or someone you know deserves to have a kick-butt professional photo session because they couldn't afford a lavish or high end wedding photography at their wedding, didn't love their photos, or they are just someone who deserves something nice, then that couple should be entered. You can help to give back with a fabulous & awesome opportunity!

:: ANY AGE :: ANY MARRIED COUPLE :: PARENTS :: FRIENDS :: NEIGHBORS ::

All Submissions Must Include:
1) A picture of the couple
2) Both names, address, phone, email and age
3) Story of how the couple met and bio.
4) Why you think the couple should be chosen for the giveaway
5) Unique fact about the couple
6) All entries must be sent to info AT asimsoofi DOT com with CONTEST in the subject line.

THE WHY:
I've been very lucky to meet some awesome couples and have the privilege to shoot their wedding. It’s been a real blessing. Sometimes though, I meet someone that’s already married and we get to talking about their wedding, and I hear things like this:
"My wedding photos make me want to cry."
"We just couldn't afford it. My parents felt inviting more guests was more important than the photos."
"Our photographer posed us like we were stuck in a bad 80's movie.
"I wish I had known about you."

I’m humbled by the last one, but most of it just sucks because it’s just plain sad to hear someone have to talk about their memories like that. After hearing thing like this, I've decided I will be giving away one completely FREE lifestyle session for one deserving married couple to help make up for what they missed at the first go. Read on for the crazy details. This is one of my ways of giving back for my blessings and sharing some culture & art at the same time.

THE SHOOT:
The shoot will take place in MD, DC, or N.VA. If the couple is outside of this area, they can fly in or I can fly out. The couple can wear anything they want. Casual with jeans and tops, or even their wedding outfits and have some fun with it and bring back the memories. The session will take place outdoors: a favorite place, city streets, the woods, anywhere outside! DO NOT expect this to be a boring pose session with cheesy smiles. ONLY the couple; No aunts, cousins, or visiting relatives overstaying at your house. This is ALL for them!

THE WINNING COUPLE
The winning couple will be determined by their inspiring essay and votes by all visitors to The Asim Soofi blog. (http://asimsoofi.blogspot.com)

THE SELECTION PROCESS:
1) The deadline for submissions is August 17, 2008.
2) Based on number of entries, every worthy story will be posted for comment feedback. These comments will also help me select the top ten finalists.
3) Maximum of ten (10) finalists, or less, will be selected and their stories posted on the blog by August 18, 2008.
4) Voting will begin as soon posting occurs and will end August 31, 2008.
5) Winning couple will be announced September 1, 2008 on the blog.

THE GRAND PRIZE:
The winning couple will receive a personal photo shoot, all of their final photos in high resolution files on a keepsake disc, print credit, and a secret special surprise.

THE RULES:
1) Love and appreciation for the photography of Asim Soofi.
2) Willing to share submission story and couple's photo on AsimSoofi.com and/or The Asim Soofi Blog.
3) Session date must be a date that Asim is available.
4) Willing to fund travel fees if the session is outside the immediate MD, DC, NOVA area.
5) Accepting of the terms and conditions of Asim Soofi Photography contract.
6) Couple must be willing to have fun, laugh, goof off, and possibly feed me kabobs (just kidding...food not required but highly encouraged).

Remember to submit all entries to info AT asimsoofi DOT com

Leave a comment, questions, or any suggestions if you like.

2 comments:

Khalood said...

i think i am becoming a http://asimsoofi.blogspot.com/ ADDICT!

Anonymous said...

Why im only getting to know you.... I mean.... know your blog.... you are awsome, Dude! I like your blog and all those contests and charity and donations....

I donno how I found out abt u but im glad i did. Im learning alot. Im so addicted to photography although it is not what i do for life.
Anyways, I enjoy reading your blog...
I guess I will be frequent visitor:)