Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Henna (Mehndi) Tattoo Applications Made Easy


Every single Indian & Pakistani wedding that I photograph has the bride having henna (aka mehndi) applied to her hands and feet, a tradition that has been around for probably hundreds if not thousands of years. I've even had a few western brides that have also incorporated this into their own wedding.

No matter what the occasion, people like the idea of having a tattoo just for fun, and since henna isn't permanent, it makes for a great solution. Anyone can try a new design every week if they want, and all without any remorse of a permanent tattoo.

I thought I'd share this very cool method I found with those that may not know how to apply henna the 'easy' way. It's a method similar to how tattoo artists trace a design on a paper and apply it to the skin. With the henna, you use a Speed Stick deodorant. Interesting, right? You can find complete instructions at Henna Caravan, where they also offer quality supplies if you want the good stuff. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I wonder if I will start getting requests like images like this at the next Chaand Raat or mendhi party I attend.